The IHS offers the following academic programs for university graduates that lead to a diploma:
1. MSc Economics (Eco/Fin) 2 years, in cooperation with the Technical University of Vienna
2. Comparative Sociology (Sociology) 3 years
3. European Studies (Political Science) 3 years
Since 2005 the IHS participates in the Vienna Graduate School of Finance (VGSF), a new 3-year PhD program in cooperation with the University of Vienna and the University of Economics and Business Administration.
The Vienna Graduate School of Economics (VGSE) is a newly founded graduate school in economics focusing on the training of PhD candidates in economics in Vienna. The school is a collaboration of the University of Vienna and the Institute of Advanced Studies and it is financed by a research grant of the Austrian Science Foundation (FWF).
The next admission deadlines:
MSc Economics - March 1, 2013
Comparative Sociology - April, 2015
European Studies - March 31, 2013
VGSF - January, 2014
VGSE - January 31st and April 30th each year
Education at the Institute for Advanced Studies is marked by its international, interdisciplinary and practical orientation. The structure of the courses correspond to the high international standard of postgraduate programs:
- Lectures are held by internationally renowned visiting professors from abroad.
- Training courses are held in small seminar groups.
- Every student is provided with his or her own workplace at the Institute. The efficiency of the training is increased by social and spatial unity.
- The availability of state-of-the-art computer equipment, databases, and a specialized library provides the best possible working conditions.
Application forms can be obtained from the secretaries.
MSc Economics: email@example.com, Tel.: 59991-250;
POL: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel.: 59991-166;
SOZ: email@example.com Tel.: 59991-216.